Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, December 14, 2017

Do Not Lose Heart


"Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."  -Galatians 6:9


In the Bible Christians are told not to neglect meeting together.  That is because God recognized our need to encourage one another to hang in there.  Doing good can be very wearying in the midst of so many discouraging events.  And have you ever tried to keep your spirits up amongst naysayers and critical people?

To have a friend such as described in this sampler is a true blessing.  But if you don't, all is not lost.  Jesus has offered to be our Friend.  He prays for us continually and is there to comfort us and lead us into understanding, if we do not give up.

I am grateful that no matter what I will always have a friend in Jesus.

4 comments:

  1. Just like the 1st song I ever learned "What A Friend We Have In Jesus". So very true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful for Jesus as my friend. I was just praying that. with all that is going on with Denny now and his daughter with the brain tumor and all ... how will he and I ever b e able to have a life together.. surely not a normal one.. but maybe this is what God wants of us.... he wants us to yes, know he is our Friend only .. the only one we can really count ou... but also You are my dearest friend. for I follow your light and have since I found your beautiful wisdom on this computer... years back. I value you doing this daily for sure... I get ideas from your posts,. I gain hope so my heart does not break open.. i realize God is with me , Jesus is my friend... and you are a precious friend as well and I so value you and your dedication to God.. and wanting to understand scripture and follow it.
      Love to you and your work. it helps me stay strong the walk .. the journey realizign Jesus died for me.. shed his blood to wash me of doubt and fear and lead me to his work his feet and feel his power and presence strongly.
      Blessings to you and keep yu all safe.. withing his all encompassing love. Merri

      Delete