Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, December 21, 2017

Let His Light Shine


"While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."  
-John 9:5


I think the tradition of putting lights on trees to celebrate Christmas is a wonderful idea especially in the northern hemisphere where it gets dark so early during the winter months.  I also put lights on my fireplace mantles and over the windows which I leave up all winter.  Even a little bit of added light to the dark is cheering because it reminds us that after the winter solstice daylight will last a little longer each day.

How much better then to have the Light of the World living in us.  Jesus said that while He was in the world He was the Light of the world.  When He left the world He sent His Holy Spirit to live in us.  Each of us who receives Him now lights the world with His Light.  Let His Light shine because it is the only True Light to be found in this darkened world.

I am grateful to carry the Light of the World for God.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THAT tree top star and tree of LIGHT.... transparencies for God's light to shine through and through us we are.... your tree is leading us upward to more LIGHT.

    ReplyDelete