Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, March 18, 2017

Restores My Soul


"He leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul." -Psalm 23:2-3


Lilias Trotter writes, "I followed [the mountain path] only a few yards further this morning and such an outburst of beauty came.  You can never tell to what untold glories a little humble path may lead, if you follow far enough."

When we go on our annual hiking vacation every Autumn I love finding hidden gems like this stream.  The hike can often be difficult--rocks to negotiate, slippery slopes, and we have no idea how much further we have to go to get the scenic feature promised on the trail map.  So, we have to keep going a little further or risk missing it if we turn back too soon.  When we eventually arrive we are always delighted!

I am grateful that the path God has prepared for me has places of refreshment for my soul.

2 comments: