Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, March 9, 2017

Tracing God's Path


"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!  How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!  -Romans 11:33


I'm always amazed to wake up in the morning after a snowfall to see the many animal tracks in our woods.  If not for the snow, I'd never know these animals have passed through our woods.  These are deer tracks so I'm not surprised by these, but there are so many other kinds of tracks that make me think our woods is Grand Central Station!

Lilias Trotter reflects on seeing God's "tracks" only later when she is quiet: "Only now it is easier to trace the working out of these 'parts of His ways' and to almost see the still-unrevealed thought that links them."

This is what my quiet time in the morning does for me.  I sit in my comfortable, warm bed with my cup of coffee, pen and journal in hand, and reflect on the day before.  I "trace" the "tracks" left behind by the day's happenings and try to understand how they (the good and the bad) might be leading me down a different path today.  It has helped me see things I never would have noticed and organizes my splintered thoughts so that I can make sense out of my life.  This is my time to align my thoughts with the thoughts of God so that my brand-new day will be the best it can be.  There will be things I do not figure out, because "God's judgments are unsearchable" and His ways "cannot not always be traced out," but I can be certain that He is always there to guide me when I look to Him for help.

I am grateful for the comfort and security of my home so that I can be refreshed and renewed to meet the world's challenges.

2 comments:

  1. Yes!!!! I find the overlay to be wonderful!!!! Walking in his steps.. all of those tracks are.... such comfort to know this on an intimate level with our Father. "love's Juristiction" is what came to me this day.. and that surely ties in with the tracks, for we are never out of God's tracks... and his authity. " For it is God who worketh in you both to his will and to do of his good pleasure"
    Such a glorious photo you have put here to glorify him as well. Blessings, Merri

    ReplyDelete