Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Where Your Treasure Is


"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." - Luke 12:34







I found this heart-shaped stone on the beach almost five years ago while on vacation.  The place and circumstances gave it extra special meaning to me and represented the desires of my heart at the time.

If you're not sure where your heart is and therefore your treasure, this quote may help you:  "If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders."

I came across this quote after writing in my journal this morning about a problem.  The answer to the question, "Where is my heart," came quickly..... I'd woken up early this morning and had started thinking about my problem immediately.  So THAT is where my heart is!  With my problem.  If my mind had wandered to my problem first thing, then it would appear that is where my heart was.  And if my heart was with my problem, then that must be where my treasure lay.  In contrast, if I treasured God's work in my life more than my problem, I should have woken up with Him on my mind instead.   If my thoughts are not in the right place, my heart won't be either.  And if my heart isn't in the right place--trusting God--how can I expect to find the solution to my problem?  This may sound confusing so I will simplify it:  What comes round goes round.  You are what you think about because thoughts produce feelings, feelings produce action.  Action is how you are known to yourself and others which leads back to what you think about yourself, which leads to.....well you get the point.  Putting our thoughts squarely on God and submitting to His Will leads us to the true treasure.  Focusing on the problem rather than the solution merely delays the answer.  Once a problem is acknowledged we need  to quit mulling it over and instead turn to God for the solution--that is where my thoughts should have been.

I am grateful for the ability to think and reason so that I might discover the error of my ways.

2 comments:

  1. I love this powerful message. I also cherish your heart shaped stone as you gave it to me when I was going through a difficult trial. Every time I hold the stone in my hand, I think of YOU and the bond we share. I love you Sis. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete