Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Time is as Boundless as Space


"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."  -Psalm 139:9-10


Lilias Trotter writes, "We have to do with a God to whom time is as boundless as space in its elasticity!"  This point is brought home to me whenever I rise early on vacation at the seashore so that I can sit and gaze at the sun seemingly rising out of the water.  The ocean is so vast--so endless--from my point of view.  For God, "time is as boundless as space."  When Lilias wrote those words we'd only seen space with a telescope.  Now photographs of the earth from space give each of us a better point of view of what it means to live on this planet--we are mere specks in the scheme of time.....Yet God's "hand will guide me, [His} right hand will hold me fast."

I am grateful for a time and place here on earth in which to enjoy God's creation and to express who He made me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment