Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, March 23, 2017

God's Comfort


"As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you." -Isaiah 66:13


This is a very old photograph (as you can tell by the graininess) of my arrival home from the hospital with my first born.  As much as I love my grandchildren it is not the same as the love you feel for your own child.  Each of my babies responded to my love and attention in a way that a grandchild does not because I am not their mommy.  If I am babysitting, I can offer temporary comfort, but I am a mommy "once removed" and cannot replace the comfort their a mommy or a daddy can offer.

God does the same for us.  We can find comfort in the arms of others, but only God can touch that spot in our brokenness and heal it.

I am grateful that my God knows my needs and is able to comfort me in my times of distress.

2 comments:

  1. This is just precious...... and such a beautiful , holy, message of Truth. NO ONE can replace the Love our Father has for us.. and so lovely to compare it to grand children too... best part too is we are ALL God's children.. wrapped in his loving arms too..... gosh that is a precious photo of God Love for sure. Blessings and love, merri

    ReplyDelete