Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, November 2, 2017

Anonymous


"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you:  Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you." -Romans 12:3

I discovered this sculpture at a county library that I don't usually visit.  After taking the photo I could not find a plaque with the artist's name on it.  In today's Our Daily Bread the author quotes author Jane Yolen on writing:  "The best writers are the ones who really, in their heart of hearts, aspire to the byline Anon.  The story told is important, not the storyteller."  I can finally ascribe to this philosophy, but for years I yearned to have my stories published just so I could see my name on the cover.  Now all I care about is sharing my stories with those who might appreciate them.  The author goes on to write:  "Pride in our past accomplishment can blind us to the gifts of others.  Arrogance can poison the future."

In today's scripture Paul is saying the same thing.  Don't make the Gospel message all about you and the abilities He's given you to serve Him.  He is the one Who the story is all about.  No one need know who you are except for this byline:  Child of God

You may notice I did not mention the name of today's Our Daily Bread's author.  That's because I don't know it.  It was signed "Anonymous."

I am grateful to be able to serve Christ whether I'm given credit or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment