Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Perseverance


"Then Samuel said to all the people of Israel, 'If you are really serious about wanting to return to the LORD, get rid of your foreign gods and your images of Ashtoreth.  Determine to obey only the LORD; then he will rescue you from the Philistines."  -1 Samuel 7:3


A term that is often used to describe West Highland White Terriers is tenacious.  I love this about my dog!  He perseveres until he gets want he wants.  He is not letting his short legs in the deep snow stop him from doing what he loves best--running.

Are we this determined to obey God?

I am grateful for reminders that as I persevere in obeying God He will rescue me from the consequences of trying to go it alone.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS.. My Corgies were the same...Shorter legs than this one and loved the deepest snow.. yes tenacious!!!!I am wondering if you got that snow now.. .. so white and pretty. Heavy though and look at that little one go through it. This is my theme song for today...Keep on keeping on !!!!!!!! thank you !

    ReplyDelete