Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, November 16, 2017

In His Presence


"Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, LORD."  -Psalm 89:15







What I love about fog is that it forces you to pay attention to what is nearby.  It acts as a wonderful background in photos, helping to sharpen the focus on your subject.

In today's Our Daily Bread Harold Myra writes about the 17th-century monk Brother Lawrence.  Brother Lawrence was the cook for the community and would pray each morning, "O my God. . . grant me your grace to stay in your presence.  Help me in my labors.  Possess all my affections."  He would keep talking to God throughout his day.

In our ever-increasing hectic, complicated world this may seem like an impossibility for some of us.  I'm blessed at this stage in my life to not be a part of that world (unless I have to go out!)  Like in my photo, I am able to focus on what is important--the present moment--where I experience the Presence of God.  But we don't have to withdraw from society in order to experience God in this way.  We can look inward and find the peace that God offers through focusing our thoughts on Him in prayer.

I am grateful that God is ever-present.

No comments:

Post a Comment