Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, November 12, 2017

Whiter Than Snow


"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow."  -Psalm 51:7


By this time of year gardeners have gotten their bulbs into the ground so that next Spring they will see scenes like this--new life emerging.  We are told in 2 Corinthians 5:17, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."  Oswald Chambers writes, "The experience of salvation means that in your actual life things are really altered, you no longer look at things as you used to; your desires are new, old things have lost their power.....The salvation that is worked out in me by the Holy [Spirit] emancipates me entirely, and as long as I walk in the light as God is in the light, He sees nothing to censure because His life is working out in every particular, not to my consciousness, but deeper than my consciousness."

When we put our faith in the redemptive power of Christ Jesus, we are cleansed from all sin and made "whiter than snow."  New life then emerges from the darkness we once inhabited.  Surrounded by and filled with the righteousness of Christ, we are freed from a life of sin.

I am grateful for the freedom I experience in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment